Monday, December 30, 2013

Merry Christmas (Yup I said it and am not going to call it anything else)

My Hosts Jeffery (Goatee) and Helen (Blue dress)
Xmas dinner with my adopted family
I really was not sure where I was going to end up for Xmas, but as always things just work out. I had met Jeffery on the internet (no not a dating site) but a motorcycle forum for Australia. He said if I was ever near Adelaide to give him a shout and I would have a place to stay for the night.


Well little did they know that I am like a stray dog. You just need to feed me once and I will hang around your door for days. Do to their extreme generosity what was supposed to be only one night turned into seven days and an invite to go visit the rest of their family on the coast for christmas.


It also did not hurt that Jeffery is a top Chef and works at the local German micro brewer called the Bierhouse where he gets free beer! 
Talk about landing in heaven.....

Xmas Parade in Lobethal

Jeffery and Helen live in a town called Lobethal in an area called the Adelaide hills. The area is absolutely stunning and consists of vineyards and rolling hills. The whole area seems to have been settled by German and Scottish decedents.


Saw this great business opportunity in town if I should ever want to stay and setup roots.


On boxing day Jeffery wanted to ride and decided to accompany me for an overnight prior to me hitting the dreadful Nullarbor.


As asphalt can get boring we were able to find some great back roads to pass the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment