Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Living in the future

Australian Coat of Arms
Ok, now that I have landed in Australia. I am trying to grasp the concept that everything I do now is one day in advance of want I did before. I understand the international date line, but it is just plain weird to lose a day of your life. 
So to all my friends and family on the other side of the world, I will in essence be talking to you from the future. Very Star Trekkish kind of stuff except for the never ending 15 hour flight across the ocean. They so need to master transporting people by beaming them across the world.

Well since I was all messed up with the time change I decided to take a 3 hour walking tour of Sydney my first day.

 They alley in the above picture is covered with hanging bird cages in honour of all the native birds that have been displaced due to the growth of the city.

It seems my global reach has no limits. I was completley unaware that I owned a restaurant in Sydney. 


I am pretty sure everyone knows of this building around the world.



What I did not expect was that the roof is actually made up of thousands of little tiles. From afar it looks like large pieces, not these tiny little tiles.


A view of downtown Sydney from circular Quay where all the local ferries and cruise ships leave from.


The famous Sydney Harbour bridge landmark.


I think by adding my face to the picture it adds value to the famous landmark. I think it was missing something. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment