Monday, July 8, 2013

Back again (Bolivia)

One thing for sure is I did not expect to be returning too Bolivia again. But that is the exciting thing about being fluid in your travel plans. I needed to get the bike serviced and even though there are dealers in Brazil. With their recent protests, the big cities were not the place to be. So I decide that since I was relatively close to the Bolivian border I would go back too wait out the protests.

I am also starting to realize that I have very good Karma. Everything seems to always work out no matter what the situation. And, if you have been following the blog you know I have been in some pretty tight spots at times. 

My first night back into Bolivia was no exception. I found myself riding later in the night than I preferred with a fuel gauge flashing GET SOME FUEL! I can thank this situation to the Bolivian customs who find the need to shut down in the middle of the day for 2.5 hours. 



 Finally I found a town with a gas station, but being late it was already closed.  So where does the good karma come in? Well instead of being stuck for the night the very first  person I asked where I could get fuel said "no problem follow me I have 20 litres at home I can sell you".  So off I went to some strangers house where he and his wife graciously filled my tank. 


I am now back at my favourite shop to see Eduardo and his team at Triumph Bolivia. Here Fred is being stripped down for his big 40,000 km service! I can't believe I already have 40K on the bike and I am not even finished South America!


On that note I decided that this is a great time to start preparing for the next leg of my journey. I will be done South America in 6 months and have a lot to plan. So after much deliberation and flip flopping back and forth on my choice of the day. I have finally settled on the continent of Australia as my next destination. And the logical route to follow from there will be Indonesia/South Asia.


No comments:

Post a Comment