Sunday, February 10, 2013

Turtles,Tunnels, and a bit o water

Meet Jack the guard turtle who handles security at the hostel I stayed at in Puyo.


As usual I am never 100% sure where I am going to go next and my plans can change easily. This was the case when I was supposed to be leaving Banos to go surf on the west coast of Ecuador. But as it would be I had an opportunity to go meet an acquaintance of my brother-in-law in the nearby town of Puyo. So instead of heading to the coast I decided to take the route of Cascades (waterfalls) between Banos and Puyo, eventually heading to the city of Cuenca.


Fred looking damn cool in one of the many tunnels.


The route runs along a gourge and is lined with tunnels and various waterfalls that can be seen from the highway or via a short hike off the road.







Bottom line I was not disappointed in my decision to change directions as the scenery was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment