Saturday, October 6, 2012

Now I know why they call it the rainy season

A view of the Isle de Ometepe in the rain

It seems the rainy season has caught up to me after 4 months of fairly good weather. There are a few things different about the rain here compared to back home.


My rain gear is just not suited for this
First you can almost set your clock by it for the most part. Meaning if it is going to rain it usually starts somewhere in the late afternoon. And second there is only one type of rain here and that is torrential with high winds. None of that light misty stuff, only street flooding soaks you to the bone rain.

A good beach day gone bad
And so far I have not found adequate rain gear to keep me dry.  But since the season is almost over no point in looking for new gear now.

No comments:

Post a Comment