Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Road Less Traveled (Flores to Semuc Champey)

I remember early on saying one of the best things about travelling is the people you meet. Since I hit Belize I have started to run into other adventure riders and it seems to be snowballing. My friends list is now starting to look like the United Nations and does not look like it will stop anytime soon.

While in Flores I had the opportunity to have dinner with a great couple from Holland (Branko & Ingrid) who are also adventure riders and are working their way south as well. They were kind enough to put me in contact with Georg from Switzerland who is also riding solo and was stopping over for a night in Flores.

Well after a few drinks that night I convinced Georg to follow me to Semuc Champey (he is now probably reconsidering how smart his decision was to follow me). But we had one of the best riding days with some amazing roads and views in the back country.
Waiting for a ferry
Fred and Black Beauty on a back road

Break time
Look up way up

No comments:

Post a Comment