Thursday, July 23, 2015

Slovakia (Country #41)


View of the Tatra's from my room in the town of Zdiar.

After numerous large cities in a row I needed some chill time in the wilderness. The Tatra mountains which divide Poland and Slovakia seemed like a great choice.


Logging is happening in the lower mountains but did not seem too out of control. 


The whole area is a Mecca for hiking. 
There are hundreds of trails on both sides of the mountains.



After the mountains it was back to another capital city. The capital of Slovakia is Bratislava which was one of the less inspiring capitals I have been to.


It had a small old centre but really not too much to see. I believe it gets dwarfed by it's nearby neighbour Vienna which is only 60 km away.


Centre square.


My first view of the famous Danube.



No comments:

Post a Comment