Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Crazy Costa Rican Colonies

$10,000 bill
One thing you need to prep for in each country is the exchange rate of your dollar versus the current country. By far Costa Rica wins hands down for the craziest exchange rate! Up until now I have had rates at 2:1, 7:1, 20:1 etc, but nothing as nuts as 480:1! It is like using monopoly money the rate is so far fetched. The largest bill I have had to date was a 20 MIL ($20,000 Colonies) which calculates to about $40 CDN/US 


Here is a prime example of how weird it is to use their money. This is one of my ATM machine withdrawals for $100,000! Even the transaction fee seems odd at $1513.00. I wish I had that much cash and credit limit.

Whens the last time you bought a beer at the bar for $2000!



No comments:

Post a Comment