Saturday, July 28, 2012

Hopkin, BZ

One of the best things about travel is the relevant information you gather from others. It seems unanimous whether talking to locals or a fellow traveller that Belize City itself has really nothing to offer and is far from safe. Because of this I have ended up further south then expected at the start of my visit.

Another thing I am starting to realize about Belize is that the nicest parts of the country are not on the mainland, but actually on all the Cayes. These are all the beautiful islands you see in the travel brochures and the majority of travellers leave the mainland to spend time on these islands.

I was able to find a great little beach town with a laid back feel called Hopkins on my drive south. Below is a picture from the Black Howler Monkey SanctuaryI visited as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment