Saturday, June 20, 2015

Veliko Taranovo


It seems I will be seeing many beautiful traditional villages/towns while travelling through Europe.


The town of Veliko Taranovo was no different. You have your cobblestone streets lined with shops and cafes and of course the castle over looking the village.


I am very close to being castled out already and I have barley scratched the surface in Europe. What made this castle a pleasant surprise was the inside of the church located within the centre of the castle.


Now I am far from a church person and you can definitely overdose in churches while in Europe. 


But this church was the coolest I have seen to date. Instead of being very traditional the interior was painted with modern style frescoes.


It had a very gothic feel and was by far the most interesting walls to look at in a longtime.



No comments:

Post a Comment