Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Athens


Setting up at camping Athens I ran into another rider from Poland. Unfortunately my polish is worse than his english which made for some hard communication.


Look up way up......Who remembers that saying from our childhood TV.


Damn I hate tourist!!!!!!! Especially the ones who come by the thousands on a bus. This was nine in the morning and it was jammed going up to the top of the Acropolis. Why don't they all go home and let me discover the world in peace. I talked to an usher and she told me they get over 15,000 tourists a day passing through. 


The stadium of the Acropolis. 


They are working real hard at restoring the Acropolis. The back side has cranes and scaffolding which does not make for great photo opportunities.

 


Guard dog haha...Even with thousands of people around he is not going to let that get in the way of a good afternoon nap.



Ancient Agora


Temple of Zeus is located in another section of the city but is included in your ticket of the Acropolis.   A 12 euro ticket gets you into about 6 historic sites.


It's about this wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment