Friday, April 25, 2014

Ubud (Bali)



I am so glad I left the madness of southern Bali and headed north
Hmmmmm I think I could relax here for a while. And better yet...... $7 massages just down the street.


They seem to have a thing here for their fertility symbols. Thankfully we have beer bottles with twist off caps back home.


I have been meaning to try this stuff for a while, and after you read the Wikipedia description below you will understand why it took me some time. And yes the description pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

Durian
The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust, and has been described variously as rotten onions, turpentine, and raw sewage. The persistence of its odour has led to the fruit's banishment from certain hotels and public transportation in Southeast Asia.

I am still trying to figure out why it is a favourite of fruits amongst the local population.


While in Ubud you must drop by the Monkey Sanctuary located in town. Important to remember though to keep your backpack closed. These buggers have pickpocketing down to an art form.


I was wondering why all the young Indonesia guys wore faux hawk haircuts. Now I know where they got the inspiration.


Eat your heart out National Geographic!


Just a lazy day in the jungle chill'n with mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment