Friday, April 19, 2013

Back on the road again (Lima)

As expected you need major patience when flying standby. It took me three tries to get out of Winnipeg starting at 10am. I Finally caught the 6:40pm flight to Toronto to make my overnight flight to Lima 
(I did get to fly first class on the Lima leg, so I can't complain).


In the above picture Clive and myself are having a traditional Peruvian dinner with some friends we made at the Mexican and Canadian embassies. 
(You just never know when you will need to pull those contacts out while travelling around the world)


Also while in Lima Fred was able to hook himself up with a new girlfriend, which I assume will be tagging along for the rest of the trip.

One of the weirdest things about travel is how fast your scenery can change due to the luxury of flight. One week I find myself carving snow through a beautiful forest in Canada.


Caesar's  definitely a Canadian drink


 Then a few weeks later I find myself surrounded by enormous dunes in the middle of a desert Oasis.

 Welcome to the desert Oasis of Huacachina



The dunes go on for miles and to say they are breathtaking is an understatement. The below pictures were taken during a sunset sand buggy tour.






No comments:

Post a Comment